1. The Website does not store any information automatically, except the information contained in cookie files.
2. Cookie files are computer data, especially text files, which are stored in the User’s device and are needed to navigate on the Website. Cookies contain the name of the website from which they come from, the duration of storing on the User’s device and a unique number.
3. The subject saving cookies on the User’s device and getting access to them is the operator of the Website, Brainly sp. z o.o. with its office registered on ul. Krowoderska 63B/6, 31-158 Krakow, registered in Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy led by the local court in Krakow (XI Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego) under the number 0000354511
4. Cookies are stored with the aim of: a) adjusting the content of the pages of the Website according to the preferences of the User and optimizing the use of the webpages; the files especially allow the correct recognition of the User‘s device, so that the website is displayed according to the User’s individual needs; b) collecting statistical data, making it possible to understand how the Users of the Website use the pages, which, in turn, allows to improve their structure and content; c) maintaining the User’s session (after login) so that the User does not need to introduce his or her login and password each time they visit the page.
5. The Website uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored on the User’s device until the User logs out, leaves the website or turns off the software (the browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the User’s device for as long as it is stated in the cookies’ parameters or until they are removed by the User.
6. There are several types of cookies used by the Website: a) “necessary” cookies, which allow to use the Website’s services, e.g. authentication cookies used for the authentication purposes on the Website; b) cookies used for security purposes, e.g. used with the aim of detecting malpractice in authentication processes on the Website; c) “efficiency” cookies, making it possible to gather information about the way the pages of the Website are used; d) “functional” cookies, which allow "remembering" settings selected by the user and user’s interface customization, for example the language or region, font size, the appearance of the website, etc. e)"advertising" cookies, which allow delivering advertising content to users, which is more tailored to their interests.
7.In many cases, software for browsing the web (browser) allows by default the storage of cookies on user’s device. Users of the Service may at any time change the settings for cookies. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way, as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the settings of the web browser or to inform each time they are stored on the user’s end device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of adjusting cookies settings are available in the software(web browser) settings .